School Dress Code
Appendix to the Code of Conduct
School clothes should always be worn clean and without noticeable damage (e.g. holes, discolouration etc.). Only the following clothing items may be worn:
Pants / skirts
- Navy blue or dark blue
- No applications, embroideries, holes. Not acid-washed or bleached, not frayed.
Knee-long, no mini shorts or miniskirts. No leggings or sweat pants as substitute for pants.
- Trousers or skirts must be worn in such a way that no part of underwear is visible, whether seated or standing.
- Navy blue or dark blue pantyhose (wool or nylon) are allowed under the skirts, NO leggings · DSK-Skorts (available in the school shop)
- White polo shirt with school logo, no visible midriff and not thigh-length
- No blatantly visible underwear may be worn underneath the school uniform
- Navy blue hoody zip jacket, fleece jacket, sweater and blazer with school logo
- Blazer (if required):The school blazer has to be worn with long pants or a skirt at school events, e.g. debating.
- Only correct colour clothing (white navy/dark blue) is allowed to show from under the school uniform
Hat, scarves, beanies, gloves and blankets
- In term 1 and 4, Gr. 1-6 learners have to wear DSK base caps during break time as sun protection. · In the winter months, plain navy blue or black beanies, gloves or scarves without any logo may be worn
- Blankets have to be navy blue or dark blue · No headwear to be worn in class
Rain and winter wear
- Plain dark blue or black jackets without school/any logo may be worn on cooler days over the DSK hoody, fleece jacket, sweater or blazer.
- New DSK soft shell jacket
- Plain white, black or dark blue socks
Shoes and sandals
- Flat, plain (maximum two colours) white, black, dark blue or dark brown shoes, trainers or sandals (with heel strap)
- No beach sandals or flip-flops
- Only to be worn during sports lessons
- Red or blue T-shirt with school logo for primary school, or for grades 5 – 12 white sports shirt with blue and red inserts from the school shop.
- Only correct colour clothing (navy/dark blue, red – primary school) is allowed to show from under the sports uniform
- School sports shorts/lycra shorts.
- Plain navy/dark blue gymnastic tights are only to be worn during sports lessons. · White, dark blue or black socks, training shoes.
- Dark blue bathing suit and cap with school logo.
- School board shorts may be worn additionally in non-competitive swimming. · Short-/long-sleeved lycra top with school logo.
- School tracksuit
- Learners from grades 1-4 are allowed to wear sports clothing the whole day on days with sports lessons
- Learners from grades 5-12 are allowed to wear sports clothes on their way to/from school if/when they have sports in the first or last two lessons of their school day respectively.
- No tracksuit tops/bottoms to be worn with school clothes
Jewellery and hair style
- Only unobtrusive jewellery (a total of max. four items) · Discreet make-up, colourless nail polish
- No visible piercings, nose rings or tattoos
- No unnatural hair colour (e.g. green, purple, pink etc.)
- T-shirts approved by the school uniform committee for members of the SRC, K.I.D.S., first aid team, dragon boat and mediation team and matrics etc.
- The appendix to the Code of Conduct applies „Rules for religious and cultural tolerance at the DSK“. All such exemptions from the dress code are only allowed in plain navy blue, dark blue and white.
The school reserves the right to prohibit learners to remain on the premises (have them picked up by parents) and to only allow access with correct school clothing.